Friday, March 26, 2010

Ruby Slippers, Anyone?
















If by chance you are a reader of my blog and happen to be the only living descendent of Dorothy and thus the owner of her Ruby Slippers, do you mind lending them to me please?  Why?  Because there's no place like home - especially when you are sick (really sick) and are approximately 5,000 miles (about 8,000 kilometers, thank you) from home.

Sorry for the lack of blogs this week, but instead of slaving as a stagiaire, eating my way through Paris, or writing about both, I have been in bed monitoring my temperature with a meat thermometer I received in culinary school.  Hey, at least I'm getting better at the metric system.  I now know that 39 degrees C is 102.2 degrees F.

The good news is the fever and pain are hopefully heading out the door.  So, if I can just get over the hurdle of exhaustion I am now experiencing, I will be able to make it without said ruby slippers until Wednesday when B will make a triumphant return to Paris.

So, here's to Wednesday! And to finally kicking out of my body whatever has brought me down so I can bring you more about Pink Slip's adventures in Paris.

P.S. Pink Slip Gourmet traveled last week to Lyon, France and had the culinary experience of a lifetime.  Blogs coming soon. Stay tuned.

No comments: