Tuesday, March 16, 2010

L'Epigramme

Recently, I tried a a restaurant in my neighborhood called L'Epigramme.  Apparently if you are in the know (and now you and I both are), it's the place to go.  It's quite small and is owned and operated by a very friendly man who worked for Guy Savoy for 15 years.  The atmosphere is casual yet sophisticated at the same time, and the menu changes frequently according to what is fresh and available.  Here's a quick look at my experience there.

Behind this wall of wine is a tiny kitchen with one chef and one dishwasher.  There are two waiters (one of which is the owner).

This is it.  Pretty small, huh? What is nice is that although it might be on the small side, the tables are not crammed in so tight that you feel as if you are sitting on top of the person next to you. 

The menu is written on a small chalk board and brought to each table.

Kyoko's first course: skate over green beans.

My first course: red bell pepper soup with speck.

We shared the pork as a main course.

It came with these awesome potatoes.

For dessert, Kyoko had pain perdu with a fruit compote.

And I had fresh pineapple and mango with a fruitcake.  The fruitcake was just as I thought it would be: not very good.  The fruit, however, was a perfect ending to a delicious meal.

L'Epigramme
9, rue de l'Eperon
6th Arrondisement
Paris
01 44 41 00 09

No comments: