Monday, March 1, 2010

A Pleasant Surprise

So, the craziest thing happened to me the other day.  I was headed to yoga and running a bit late.  It had been sunny earlier in the day, but as I walked into the courtyard of my building it was raining.  If you have been to Paris or live here, you know that this quick change in the weather is nothing new.  It's an every day event.  So, I quickly ran back upstairs and grabbed an umbrella.  This time when I stepped outside the door of the building, it was both pouring huge raindrops and sunny at the same time.  Which meant that when I looked up, I saw this...

A huge rainbow spanning the sky from behind Notre Dame to the start of the big island in the Seine (Ile de la Cite).    After standing there spellbound for several seconds, I decided that my readers couldn't miss this.  So, I ran back up the stairs, past an old French man who thought I was insane and into my tiny boite to grab my camera.  Luckily, the rainbow was still there when I got back.

Absolutely amazing, isn't it?  See how there are two colorful outlines of the rainbow and a purple center.  I've never seen anything like it and probably never will again. 


P.S. GD - Many thanks for this pleasant surprise.

No comments: