Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Swan Song

Well, folks, I have just over one week left in my beloved France.  Don't worry, though, I have blog posts that will last much longer than that.  There are just too many places/things to blog about before I leave.  So, I will continue to post once I am back in the States.

You may be asking yourself what exactly the Pink Slip Gourmet will be doing her last week here.  It just so happens that I am going on a swan song tour of France.  Tomorrow morning (earlier than I want to discuss) I hop on a train to Alsace where I will spend some time with friends I met in business school.  Yes, I said business school.  Before I headed to culinary school, I got an MBA.  Who would have thought just a few years later I would be in France for culinary school?  Certainly not my parents! :)

From Alsace, I head to Provence.  I have rented an apartment and plan to go to the daily market and cook some deliciously fresh dinners every night I am there.  The fact that I will be somewhere with a functioning kitchen is so exciting to me.  I can't wait! 

While there, I hope to update you daily about everything in the town of Aix, where I am headquartered.  Look for that to start on Monday, May 10th.  In the meantime, I will leave you with more musings about Paris.

No comments: