Friday, May 28, 2010

Quick Bite

Looking for a quick bite in Paris close to Luxembourg Gardens?  If so, you are in luck.  Read on...

After passing by this shop day in and day out on my way to and from Ferrandi, I finally popped in to taste what I had been smelling every day for over five months. The intoxicating lure of a simple, homemade quiche is not something I can usually withstand for almost half a year. So, why did it take me so long to try such a seemingly delicious and might I add convenient place? Well, I simply didn't realize they had second floor (or first floor for the Frenchies) seating. I thought it was just a place to pick up food and go. Considering the thing my landlord called a kitchen wasn't exactly equipped to properly reheat a quiche, I had spent months reluctantly passing by this place. When I was finally finished with school and my stage (insert huge sigh of relief), I actually started paying more attention to things instead of just trying to get from Point A to Point B as quickly as possible or without the Parisians noticing I reeked of fish and garlic. That is when I noticed a little sign that said, "salle à l'étage" or dining room upstairs.

The dining room is tiny, but serves it purpose.  The staff is friendly and talented - since they have to cart every table's order up a flight of rickety stairs.

This is not a pretentious place as you can see.  The food is solid, comforting, and service is quick.  Order a quiche and a salad and you won't get any fancy-pants plating - just good food.

You might also get a heineken served in a wine glass, but hey can you really complain?

The chocolate cake was simple, but delicious and quite a large serving.  So, you might want to share with a friend.  Or who cares?  Just eat it all yourself and then take a guilt-free stroll through the park nearby.  Life's too short to not enjoy good food in Paris.


Les Saveurs de Pierre Emile
62, rue de Vaugirard
6th Arrondisement
Paris

No comments: