Monday, April 19, 2010

Revolution

It might not be 1789, but there's a revolution afoot.  This time though, there are no guillotines and it's not in France.  Instead, it is a food revolution in America - a fight to save our children and ourselves from the downward spiral of what I like to call "fake food."  You know what I mean: those foods that are all too enticing until you read the ingredients and can't pronounce half of them.

Right now I might be living in France but I'll be back in the good U.S. of A. before you know it, and I'm fairly certain that will be my permanent place of residence (with frequent visits to France) most of my life.  That being said, it is really important to me that America jump on the bandwagon with Jamie Oliver and his Food Revolution.  I would prefer to spend my life in a healthier America and have a sneaking suspicion you would too.

So, I have joined Chef Oliver's Food Revolution and urge you to do the same. The program needs as much help as possible in order to change the way America eats. Every child in America has the right to fresh, nutritious school meals, and every family deserves real, honest, wholesome food. Click here to sign the petition to save America's cooking skills and improve school food.




Thank you and please email this post to continue to build the revolution.  Vive La Revolution!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

give it up. I want my square pizza. My kids have the right to the same rectangle pizza and corn dogs that served me well. stay over in France with your "i know better than you" attitude and cook for Sen. Kerry next time he visits.

This would qualify as an "internet emergency" Cassandra.

Pink Slip Gourmet said...

Anonymous -

Riddle yourself this: Is it an internet emergency if mayonaise is served at schools?