Tuesday, April 20, 2010

L'Ourcine

Moving right along my checklist of fellow stagiare's restaurants, B and I headed to L'Ourcine recently.  It was fabulous.  Kyoko is there whipping up scrumptious desserts like she has been doing it for a lifetime.  The only problem with L'Ourcine is getting there; it's in the 13th on a random side street.  Perhaps, though, now that I think about it, that is what makes this place so great.  For one, you would never expect to get such quality food if you just happened upon it.  Two, you don't just happen upon it so it's a bit of an "in the know" secret for now.

Small and intimate, it's a great place for a tête-à-tête.

You can see into the kitchen through this armoire where the food is picked up by the waiters.

Amuse bouche.

Crispy lamb salad.  Yum!

Salmon tart.  The vinaigrette on this tart was so good that obviously I slopped it up with some bread.

Cabillaud (cod fish) with fresh veggies.

Filet mignon of pork with roasted garlic.  Simply satisfying.

As a pre-dessert, the chef and Kyoko sent a fennel "bonbon."  I was so not excited about this item when I saw it on the menu.  First of all, I'm not the biggest fennel fan.  Second of all, who wants it in dessert?  I do now!!!!!  It was a revelation.  Delicious in every way.

B's apple and caramel dessert.

I chose chocolate - shocker! 

It didn't disappoint.  I mean, how awesome does that look?

If you want really good food, in a fun and cozy atmosphere, head to L'Ourcine.  Just make sure you find it on the map first :)

L'Ourcine
92, Rue Broca
13th Arrondisement
01 47 07 13 65

No comments: