Friday, April 16, 2010

Carte Blanche

Before I leave Paris, I want to spend some time and the little hard-earned stagiare cash I have at the restaurants where my fellow Ferrandi classmates are doing their stages.  Last week, I was given that chance by Cason and Sonja.  Cason did a two week stage over Christmas at a small restaurant called Carte Blanche.  Sonja is now doing her six month stage there.  So, I kind of got a twofer there.  The food was good with inventive plating that had an Asian flair.  It's definitely a neighborhood spot, and the neighbors should feel lucky to have it.  If you happen to be in the 9th, stop in.  You will feel like a local, but don't worry English is well spoken by the waiters.



Amuse Bouche: Chickpea puree.

Ravioli with a hint of berries.

Pigs feet on toast with goat cheese and pesto.  My brave husband ordered this one :)

Foie gras with scallop "carpaccio," courtesy of the Chef.

Quail with sauteed potatoes.

Seabass over quinoa.

"BBQ" - gambas with a skewer of steak, mashed potatoes and a ginger compote.

Surf n' turf.

Meringue and apple/pear compote with tahitian vanilla ice cream.

Brioche perdue with ginger ice cream. This dessert is very "à la mode" - no pun intended - right now.  I have seen brioche perdue on so many menus in Paris recently - no doubt because it is delicious, easy on the kitchen during service and something of a comfort food for those eating it.

Carte Blanche
6 rue Lamartine
9th Arrondisement
Paris

No comments: