Monday, April 12, 2010

In Memoriam

I hate scary movies. In fact, I don't even like to watch those movies that make fun of scary movies. However, I have always loved cemeteries - not for their spooky factor, but for the peace they seem to exude.  You'll find me quietly strolling through one on a sunny spring afternoon, not on a dark, winter night.  B is the opposite.  He'll watch almost any scary movie, but seems perplexed when I want to meander through a park of tombstones. 

However, he changed his tune after seeing the gorgeous Cimetière du Père-Lachaise in Paris.  I lured him to the cemetery by mentioning that Jim Morrison was buried there and even though we never found his grave (please, people, there are 300,000 people buried there, it's not that easy), we both equally enjoyed our time spent there.  From the gorgeous flowers and ornate tombstones to the bird's eye view of Paris, it is a unique experience.  Here's a quick look at it...

 





No comments: