Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Things you see in Paris

As I have said previously, walking around Paris is the best way to get to know the city. I have encountered some interesting things while strolling the streets of the city of lights and have decided to share them with you today.



That, my friends, is a gas station. You don't really see many of them in central Paris. It is one gas pump on a random corner with it's only sign being the one you see with credit cards. Not quite sure how anyone knows it is even there. Apparently, however, the man on the motorcycle and the person in the car behind him (who is blocking traffic to wait for gas) knew about it.


I love art, but really? Who is that and what in the world is he doing? And more importantly who was the artist who thought, "what a wonderful pose. I am going to paint that. Now, sir, don't move from that position while I capture this image on canvas." Just blows my mind. I guess that's why I'm in culinary school and not art school.


I couldn't help but sneak a photo of this through a store window the other day. In general, I'm not the biggest fan of canned goods. I know they have their place sometimes, but as for me I am fairly certain that canned rabbit is just downright wrong.



No, you're not crazy. You didn't accidentally click on an ad about the next Harry Potter movie. Nope. These people are actually standing in a group brandishing wands of some sort in an effort to ressemble Harry Potter. I saw them in a random park on Saturday. Note that they don't have a little basket at their feet asking for money. They are simply dressed like that because they either a) think they actually are Harry Potter and friends or b) because that's just what they do on Saturdays. I'll let you decide which option is more likely.

1 comment:

Ross Barrett said...

Georgia says "the Harry potter people are crazy". I love you leelee

grace says "how is cooking? Do you like anyone? Are the chefs crazy in your class? Love you, leelee

do the chefs say more salt! More pepper! Go on pepper!