Friday, September 11, 2009

Friday Evening Solo

So, I decided to lay low tonight and just discover Paris on a Friday evening on my own. Here are some snipits of my night...

First stop, Notre Dame, where mass was being said, so I stopped and joined in for a while. Before going in, though, I couldn't help but notice an amount of birds that would even scare Alfred Hitchcock . What's worse is that they were Pigeons, which seem like rats with wings to many Americans, but can be found on many a French dinner table.


Really freaked me out. Apparently, it had the opposite effect on the people below.


Um, no thanks. No wonder France had so many Avian Flu cases a few years ago.

Priest preparing the Eucharist.


Famous stained glass window in Notre Dame.


Then, I went walking along the Seine.


Past the Pompidou.


And found a Bikram Yoga Studio!
Not knowing what to do next, I ended up here...

Just kidding! Instead I ended up at what can only be described as a haven or the 8th wonder of the world - a mexican restaurant in France that doesn't serve doritos and 'sauce' as their chips and salsa. The food was so good I might never come home! (Thanks Carrie Major Barton for the tip).


Delicious! Notice the Lousiana Hot Sauce they have on every table. They even sell it there. I love this place.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can't believe you found good Mexican food! What was the name of the restaurant? I need to add it to my list.
Ash