Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Patisserie - Part II

So, remember that extra piece of puff pastry that was left over in yesterday's post? Well, this is what we did with it...


Take the dough


Cut in half and put leftover pieces from first puff pastry dough onto bottom half


Cover with top half



Roll into a square



And then roll out into long rectangle



Cut to desired size and then place 'strips' on the edge of "tortured" dough



Bake in the oven until golden brown


Pipe with the fat/calorie free (ha!) pastry cream


And decorate with fruit. Voila!

After eating a ridiculous amount of puff pastry while in class, I knew it was time to admit my addiction and get back on the wagon. So, I gave some to my landlady, and then I tried to bribe the woman working at the train ticket location with some, but it didn't work. Alas, those begging in the street for money in Paris will become the lucky recipients of a box full of pastry instead of a few coins! I just can't bring myself to throw it in the trash.

No comments: