Sunday, January 10, 2010

Luxembourg Garden in the Snow

I love Luxembourg Garden. It's a short walk from my tiny box of an apartment and thus provides a big, open refuge for when I am feeling claustrophobic. The place is just gorgeous with all the flowers, greenery, statues, and architecture that encompass it.

Walking to school the other day, I noticed that it was coated in a beautiful layer of perfectly white snow. And, even though I was frightfully late to class, I had to make a detour to see it up close. You see, the streets of Paris still have snow on them, but it has either turned to black nastiness or slippery icy patches. So, when I saw that Luxembourg Garden was still an intact winter wonderland I had no choice but to check it out.

Here's a glimpse...















No comments: