Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Graduation

Woo hoo!  As I mentioned in an earlier post, I graduated from Ferrandi.  I made it through five vigorous months in order to be a French-trained chef.  It passed so quickly, despite the long days and weeks.  It seems crazy that I am now in my stage at a real restaurant, but I am so I better stop thinking it's crazy.

After the trip to Bordeaux, we had a graduation ceremony.  We all dressed up and then quickly put on our chef's coats, which is the way we feel most relaxed.  Some Ferrandi trained waiters served us champagne and hors d'oeuvres after the director had called our names and handed out our diplomas.  Here's a quick glimpse at the "ceremony."

"Champagne, Madame?"  "Oui, beaucoup!"

Chef Sebastian (Group A) and Chef Stephane (my group - group B) looking satisfied and a bit relieved to have us graduate.

Getting the diplome.

One more group pic before they let us loose on the culinary world.  Watch out.

No comments: