Friday, November 20, 2009

Danger Zone

Sorry to have been so MIA the past couple of days, but we've been on full throttle since Tuesday at school. I've basically only been home to sleep. I guess the Chefs are trying to prepare us for our stages (internships) when we will basically live in the restaurant where we are placed.

The bad news is, though, you will have to wait a little longer to hear more about my kitchen adventures this week. Why? Well, because I had a run in with this seemingly safe metal cabinet today.




Don't let appearances fool you. It's a danger zone (go ahead; hum the music from Top Gun.  Better yet, after you finish reading the blog, go here to watch the awesomeness that is the Kenny Loggins Danger Zone video). When I opened said cabinet this afternoon, it sliced my finger like a deli slicer going after pastrami. I'll spare you the details, but it did not want to stop bleeding. Leo, the good doctor of Anglo B, wrapped it tightly for me to stop the bleeding. Thanks, Leo!

Bottom line - it hurts like (insert your favorite expletive) when I type, so I won't be doing any more posts today. However, I have TONS of things to update you on, so check back at the end of the weekend.

It's all fun and games until the cabinet hacks into your finger...


No comments: