Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Count Today: Fish - 0 Me - 3

What a tragedy it was when I got to the kitchen today and realized that I had forgotten my camera at home.  I seriously felt naked without it, lost even.  I thought, "how will I ever update my readers on my adventures in the kitchen today?"  Well, the answer was simple, I was not going to be able to post photos of the Limade and Lieu Jaune fish that we were making.  So, I had to get over it and just focus on the fish.  Well, that paid off because both of my dishes today were cooked perfectly and the sauce was really good as well.  So, take that fish and sauce!  I plan to bask in the glory all day because it is always short-lived in culinary school.

Speaking of culinary school, below is an excerpt from an interview with Chef Daniel Boulud, a seriously famous Chef with a seriously good restaurant in NYC called Daniel.  Thanks to Chef Boulud for giving Ferrandi a shout out.  Here is a link to the entire interview, if you'd like to read it.

http://www.cookingschools.com/interviews/daniel-boulud/

Based on what you hear in the industry, what do you think are the five most respected and prestigious culinary schools in the world that really make a difference to students who graduate from these schools?

Le Ferrandi in France, French Culinary Institute in New York City, Culinary Institute of America in New York, The Institute of Culinary Education (formerly Peter Kump's New York Cooking School), California Culinary Academy in San Francisco, École des Arts Culinaires et de l'Hôtellerie in Lyon, And there's a school in Japan called Schuchi - I'm not sure if I'm spelling it correctly

Since I don't have any photos from school today, I'll leave you with a few photos of some of the gorgeous architecture in Paris. Enjoy.


















No comments: