Saturday, December 26, 2009

Foie Gras-ed Out

In the week leading up to the Christmas holiday, I think it is safe to say we were all weary, ready for a break and quite possibly crazy as pigs, literally...


Carletta goofing off in the Garde Manger before service.  We had to crouch down to take this photo so that Chef wouldn't see us "disrespect ze pig ear."


Rolled veal jarrett.


Poaching foie gras in wine.


Wine poached foie gras in the middle, a terrine of foie gras on the left and fried foie gras on the right.


I made a shrimp bisque to go over the pasta I was assigned to make for service.


ThenI  had to put my hand dangerously close to the slicing blade to get ultra thin bacon.  Don't worry, I didn't lose any digits (this time around at least).


Seafood pasta!  Yum.


After service, we tackled some more foie gras for people to have over Christmas.


After slicing it open, we took out all the "nerves."


And seasoned it with Chef's special spice mix.


Finally, it was rolled and ready for sous-vide.  Quite frankly, by this point, I was sick of foie gras, no matter how much it tasted like buttery deliciousness.


What I was not sick of was champagne.  We all toasted the last service before the holiday with a glass of champagne - my favorite way to say Merry Christmas.

No comments: