Monday, December 7, 2009

Duckburger

Yep, my friends, we have taken duck to the next level here at Ferrandi by serving a duckburger at service with all the typical trimmings (fries, onion rings) and some not so typical (comte cheese and foie gras espuma). 

Last week's service I was on the main dish and imagine my surprise when I found out it was a duckburger.  I couldn't wait to try out the recipe.  I think it was a success.  However, it had to be eaten with fork and knife because the homemade french rolls from the boulangerie downstairs were delicious, but not exactly "big bite" friendly.  Below are some pics of the duckburger and other dishes made during service last week.


Chef and his fancy thermometer checking the temp of the foie gras.


Estee plating.


Her finished fish dish.


Carleta plating.


Her finished escargot dish (snails wrapped in herb butter, breaded and fried).


Group A's fish on top of ratatouille.


Duck burgers ready to feed the masses.

2 comments:

Diana & Orie said...

yummy...!

Mark said...

Wonderful blog - great pictures and story line. B told me about it at American Cathedral this past Friday.
Please let him know that we are running tomorrow at Deauville - he can get details on the blog portion of the website at gallopfrance.com.
Best of luck - let us know when you open a restaurant here in Paris!
Mark