Saturday, May 1, 2010

Bistro Volnay

A favorite restaurant of mine in Paris.  It has great food, a good wine list with an even better sommeliere, a nice atmosphere, and great service for Paris.  Plus, it is never too difficult to get into this gem near the Opera Garnier.  Let's try to keep it that way!  Spread the word, but not too far.

I previously posted about this restaurant when I had my first visitors to Paris.  B and I went back earlier this year and thought I needed to give it another plug.  So, here are some shots from our dinner there.


They always bring an interesting appetizer for the whole table.  This night it was teeny tiny shrimp.  Whatever they bring, it is always a conversation starter.

Ah.  An oasis for any American in Paris.  Ice cubes in a water glass - a sincere rarity in France.

Tempura lobster.  Yum.

Rabbit.  One of B's favorite dishes.

Again, the desserts were remarkable.  This is how they present their creme brulee.  Brings a whole new meaning to the brulee part, doesn't it?

2nd Arrondisement
8, rue Volney
Paris


Note: I have been told that the chef has changed.  The sommoliere/owner is still there, so I hold out hopes that it is stil las good as ever.  However, I can't say vouch personally for the food of the new chef.

No comments: