Monday, March 29, 2010

Lyon: Around Town

By the time the TGV I was riding on from cold, cloudy Paris arrived in Lyon, spring had sprung there.  I must admit between the delicious food and abundant sunshine it was hard to board the returning train to Paris.  I long to return to Lyon when spring or summer is in full bloom and the trees that line every street have fully blossomed.  Until then, I will have fond memories of the food, the culture, the sights and the people.  In the first of many posts about my trip to Lyon, I bring you the sights around town...



The center and the old town are both full of tiny pedestrian streets like this one lined with cafés and bouchons (traditional Lyon restaurants).

Two rivers run through Lyon, making a gorgeous backdrop.



At this particular market stand, the farmer had written a description of how easy it is to cook this squash in order to entice customers to buy it.  Pretty darn clever in my opinion.





The city does not disappoint at night, either.



No comments: