Sunday, October 4, 2009

A Parisian Institution

Yesterday, I found myself wandering down the Champs Elysees when I suddenly remembered that the legendary Patisserie famous for macaroons was just down the street. La Duree is a landmark in Paris and if you have not been, you should go next time you are here. The line was out the door, but I could not have cared less. The 45 minute wait for eight tiny macaroons was worth every minute.

Now, don't start judging me in cyberspace, but I ate every single one of them yesterday. Of course, it was purely for business/tasting reasons and had nothing to do with my ever increasing sweet tooth. The winner of the four flavors I had was without a doubt the caramel with fleur de sel salt. It was divine!


Throngs of people waiting for the taste of La Duree's macaroons!



La Duree's other pastries.



I didn't get too far before I found a bench on which to sit and enjoy my latest acquisition.



I bought a box of eight (2 lemon, 2 raspberry, 2 caramel, 2 chocolate)


Yum!

No comments: